Thursday, February 14, 2008

mountain jesus

Yesterday, in light of all that is going on behind the scenes, I decided to take a day off from the workplace and the world of the bus. I headed up to wander in the hills of Glen Shee. There, i decided, was somewhere that i could let all of the mental badness seep from my head. I sat on a big boulder and watched the hills burn around me and i looked at the palm of my hand and thought of stigmata and thought about jesus for a bit. That crucifix must have hurt like fuck. I only dropped a clock on my hand to get the stigmata effect.

It is a corny thing, but i started to think about whether people that have been blind from birth could dream. I managed to pass a couple of hours thinking about this in a sort of goose in the bottle, type meditative way. It seems that trance states are this week’s must have survival tool.

I stood up later and decided that my mental clearout had been a success and that it was a worthwhile trip. I wandered down, looking around and appreciating my place in the world. One misstep and i am on my back, slipped on a wet rock and i swear, a big massive crow landed in front of me and laughed. It didn’t land in front of me and caw. It laughed. A deep throaty human laugh.

I mean. Just one day would be nice. My head was like a cabbage before i even got off the mountain.

No comments: